Friday, January 11, 2013

Walking Alone


I, too, was born of the world not the same
Amongst white snow, a rain drop's shame.
In life's garden, a dormant seed.
A heart held of dissimilar need.

I, too, was awed by lightning's flash,
Embering in mind even after the crash.
Followed closely by silent rain,
Blood red, falling from the sky in vain.

The wind chimed and the earth shook from thunder,
And my mind was befixed to wonder;
How could I stand amidst this storm,
Seek shelter not, yet still seem warm?

But, I too, take sorrow at this site -
Other souls would nonchalantly slight.
And, I too, have felt the need for love,
But could only love that need which I dreamt of.

And as I peered deep through the skies,
The clouds grew black to shut my eyes.
The demon that came in your view,
Now's taken from me what he took from you.

In the garden the seed has sprang,
A nameless child unearths the pang.
Felt for the flower, both eyes in close,
Took twenty thorns to touch the rose.

A wondering mind looked to the sky,
So beautiful it had to die.
Laid it to rest upon the stone,
And turned away a man full grown.

Singing the same song at a different tone,
In thoughts, destined to die, unknown.
Born into a world not of our own,
We walked together, walking alone.
- Michael R. Anderson 
Walking Alone 1979

No comments:

Post a Comment